Monday, April 14, 2008

Cruising with Youtube

For this activity, I chose to spend some time looking around Youtube. Here's the video that interested me most on my little jaunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYaczoJMRhs

Yes, I'm a proud Whedonite. I remember attending one of the charity screenings of Serenity in Portland where they played this speech before the film, and the sense of being a part of something so important and so much bigger than myself was a wonderful feeling.

I liked parts of Youtube quite a bit. I could probably spend many unproductive hours looking at music videos made from songs and clips from various Whedon shows. Of those, I love a Firefly vid set to the song "I need a hero." Cool stuff indeed.

I can also actually envision this being a useful tool for libraries. I've already taken part in Sam's One Minute Critic series, and it was a lot of fun. I could also see libraries making videos of programs and activities to entice more people to attend. In addition, there could also be a series showing patrons how to use various library services or presenting them with the opportunities to make their own library-esque vids and have them shown on the library homepage.

No comments: